Thread: I am homeagain
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Melinda

I am homeagain

I apologize for "dropping out of sight" the last several months I have had a series of unfortunate events occur in my life and have not been on the boards for quite sometime. They say that God does not give us anything we can not handle.... and that is true, but sometimes I ask why does my plate have to be this full? My mother passed away unexpectedly the day after Thanksgiving. I was designated the executrix and have deal with so much paper work that I now think I could write a book called Inheritance taxes for Dummies. Top that off with a very uncooperative brother who is along with one cousin the only family I have left. But I have managed to put things in proper perspective finally, and now chose to look at the silver lining in this cloud. My Mom did not suffer and was surrounded by friends and family Thanksgiving day. My health is good and just received a clean Mammo last week. Finished HErceptin, and have started Aromsin as planned. My little cockapoo who I have been treating with bladder cancer since last April is still ok despite some growth of her tumor. She will not go thru chemo....
I feel as tho I have fallen done on the job so to speak. It was a pledge to myself to "pay it forward" with all the support that was given to me when I was first diagnosed. THings have settled down now and the dust has settled somewhat so I will be back in the saddle so to speak on a more regular basis. I have just started reading posts. I have missed every single one of you!
Keep the faith
MElinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin

Last edited by Melinda; 03-24-2008 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: changed the title
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote