View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Chelee

This is just the type of news I did not want to hear. I've had Sandy on my mind since we heard she was in the hospital and was praying for a positive turn around. I sit here with tears running down my face...this news breaks my heart. There are some really terrific and special people...and Sandy was one of them. She always went beyond the call of duty. When I could NOT have radiation I was SO SCARED. She wrote me some private messages and told me how she had dealt with skin mets and explained how IF that happened...I would be alright and she would be there for me any time. She gave me her home phone number. She gave me JUST what I needed at that time. I was a mess until she talked to me. She did NOT have to reach out to me but she did. There are so many people that could, and should but don't. But Sandy went all the way for EVERYONE. She GAVE so much of herself. She will be so missed. This absolutely breaks my heart. The *quote* she used at the end of her posts says it all about her.

Since Sandy did not want flowers I would love to donate money to the her2 board to honor her memory. My sincere sympathies to Sandy's family and friends. My heart goes out to you all. God bless you Sandy...you will be dearly missed...I will never forget you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote