View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
gdpawel

For your added inquiry hutchibk (I don't know, it must come from your parent), I've been a student of cell function analysis, a very exciting and thought-provoking science, for over six years now. The technique spans over all solid and non-solid tumors. Besides my spouse, I've intimately experienced the trials and tribulations of numerous relatives and good friends with all sorts of cancers (breast and prostate cancers being some of the most recent). I do have a no-nonsense, sometimes harsh but honest writing style. Cancer patients need informed opinion, whether with good, bad or indifferent consequences.

If more people researched how and why they are being treated by orthodox cancer therapies, then I believe there would be a movement (which I think there has) to have more effective and less toxic treatments available. Ideally, we would conduct such research before the treatments are administered, but we usually don't have the luxury of time to learn what the oncologists are not telling us when it matters most. The quality of life must be considered as a major decision point in cancer care. Don't cut short the readers of this or some of the other cancer discussion boards. They are a lot more intelligent than you expect.

Dr. Ronald DePinho, director of the Center for Applied Cancer Science at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and a lead researcher, argues for quick movement to clinical trials that combine three or more "targeted" drugs for cancers to shut down all the malfunctioning growth switches.

Dr. Len Lichtenfeld, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, in a response about the Cancer Genome Project, says that we're going to be able to take a cancer specimen, analyze it, and follow those genetic changes that influence particular pathways, then we'll use one, two, three or more "targeted" therapies, perhaps simultaneously, and be able to completely interrupt the flow of the cancer process.

Cancer researcher and former oncology fellow at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Arnold Glazier, says in his book, "Cure: Scientific, Social, and Organizational Requirements for the Specific Cure of Cancer, will require multiple drugs administered in combination targeted to abnormal patterns of normal cellular machinery that effect or reflect malignant behavior. It means finding the patterns of malignant cells and develop a set of 5 to 10 drugs in order to cure or control cancer.

I've pointed out in my thread, the belief/theories of all three of these doctors, not just those of Dr. Larry Weisenthal, or Dr. Robert Nagourney, or any of the other physician/scientists of cell culture assays. The last paper Dr. Weisenthal has published was in 2007, "Eur J Clin Invest 37 (suppl. 1):60, 2007" (European Journal of Clinical Investigation).

Last edited by gdpawel; 03-10-2008 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: additional info
gdpawel is offline   Reply With Quote