View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #30
karen z

Re: 12 years, but who is counting?

Hey Steph,

Jumping into retirement after teaching/doing research at a university for decades was not the easiest, even though I felt it was time. It has now been a little over a year and I am learning to (try and) relax and find out who I am without a job and what I love besides psychology. Art is high on my list. And am having so much fun learning (re-learning) Italian. I can definitely see some "savings" from all my many Italian conversations with my grandma (but, of course, I was not required to write in Italian back then and I am not finding it easy). Steph, I am SO HAPPY that I will be spending two weeks in the town my maternal grandparents were born. I CAN NOT WAIT to meet my relatives (who have my mom's and grandpa Luigi's last name). This is an incredible opportunity my brother and sister-in-law have given me and I am so so appreciative. It sounds like you are doing great and I am happy and grateful about that. Your "signature" remains amazing. I miss our rookie days in San Antonio and I miss Joe and Christine !!!!!!
Love,
Karen
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote