View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
gin-tx

Smile Tumor markers

I think you have to listen to your onc. I asked for a report on my tumor markers when I was at chemo last week, since Sept they have stayed in a fairly constant range, vary a few points but nothing drastic.

This is my 2nd round of BC, first in 1995, had lumpectomy and 36 radiation treatments. I have a new surgeon, onc, and am very pleased with my caregivers. Looking at your history you've had other situations as have I since I began this second journey in April 2006. My gyn sent me to a breast surgeon because of a problem, he thought everything looked normal but recommended biopsy, which I had following week. He called 4 days later and said it was malignant. He was also surprised, wider margins were performed, one sentinel node was malignant, all other areas clean. But it would mean chemo. I got a couple of opinions, by time I got to 2nd onc the cancer had spread to my spine changing me to Stage IV metastatic. I had 9 radiation treatments before beginning chemo, with 9 more to follow. Tumor has shrunk but it will never go away. I have a CT every 4 months, will be getting one next week. It's very important for all of us to be supportive of each other. E mail me if you ever need to discuss further but I'm just a patient like you. I am glad to help you any way can, this is a tough road for all of us to deal with. Your decisions have to come from your doctors.

Are you at Cedars Sinai? My daughter and family lives in Beverly Hills, that is where her drs are located.

hugs,
ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote