View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #24
Bill

Thank you, Lady Pink. It was my "blanket apology" for all-time. Thanks for helping me to put things in perspective, too. I thought about apologizing to Lee and Grandma, but I didn't really want to, so it would have been a shallow apology. The way I see it, if you give me a trunk-full of beer and ask me to sell it to bail out Lee (I knew grandma was fine, she's tough as nails) I did what anyone in their right mind would do. I called up Lee's girl-friend, we got together, and I gave her a fake note from "Lee", explaining that he didn't want to see her anymore and he was going to tour Canada for 18 months with an older woman he had met at the circus. Lee's girl-friend was distraught, needless to say, but I comforted her in my own special way. "Look at it this way, honey", as I cracked open a beer from Granny's trunk and handed it to her, and we laid back on the hood, gazing skyward, "see that shooting star up there? That's Lee, and see over there, The Big Dipper, that's me. He's outta here, and I'm here to stay" "Do you think he'll ever come back?" "No sweetie, at least not for 18 months. I've done everything I could to help that boy, but it just didn't take" Lee's girl says, "Aw, you are so sweet, trying to help your brother so much." "Well, you know....come on, let's drink up this beer and get the hell outta here...."
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote