View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Razzleberry

Re: What do we do now?

Hi ... I wanted to respond to your post because we have a lot in common. We got married in December 28th, 2012 and less than three months later I was diagnosed. We were wanted to get pregnant and had gone to the doctor for a checkup because we are in our 40's. I was 44. For our whole marriage we have been fighting this cancer. My husband was also really supportive and made it to every appointment, chemo, radiation, and Herceptin treatment.

I don't think we have grown apart but your post is a reminder to me to try and stay close. Just one week before my last Herceptin treatment, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. Her cancer is Stage 3. She lives with us and we are about to go through chemo again with her (she will be going through chemo).

It sounds like you are married to a really good man. You have been through so much with the miscarriage that maybe you did not even have time to grieve before your cancer diagnosis.

I do not know that I have any advice other than to say it is really sad you (and we) can not get back the time we lost while dealing with this cancer. It is also sad that so far you (and we) have not had the traditionally newlywed life. We spent our first anniversary in the hospital at a Herceptin appointment.

BUT, the whole future is ahead so seize every day. Maybe go on a couples weekend retreat, Valentine's is coming up ... working out together is always nice and enjoying the outdoors, doing projects around the house ... sipping tea in coffee shops ... waffles on Sunday mornings (we are doing this) ...

Hang in there, believe, and love ...

Rose
Razzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote