View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #32
NEDenise

Re: Hospital AGAIN! But you'll never guess why!

Okay,
So first, thanks for all your support! You guys are my rocks! And thanks for agreeing with me that I'm being unfairly and quite frankly hatefully, by my HR dept. That helps make it hurt a little less,

And thanks to all of you who have sent links to legal resources . I know it will likely cost me a fortune to fight all of this...just what my family doesn't need just now, with the 90 unpaid days hanging over me like a blade. But if I don't fight it, my family won't be taken care of when someday - a long, long, time from now - I'm not around to do it. I just hope I can find the BEST, most informed, and RUTHLESS cancer advocate/employment attorney in the Delaware Valley. I don't just want to win this for me and my family, I want to make a big enough splash that no one else around here ever has to spend a day crying over this crap...when they need all their energy to beat cancer...and in my case the ailment du jour! I wasted hours stressing about this yesterday. Literally, hours. When I should have been focused on the first surgery and recovering from that so I can have the next one in a week or so.

The HR director will not respond to my emails except to give me her cell number and ask me to "call her". We are NOT friends. The only time she has ever insisted we talk, rather than communicate in writing is when she's up to something and doesn't want a paper trail. Again, I say...what a %&*&$!!

Sorry, friends I'm rambling again.
Keep praying for healing and calm, please. (and a resolution that allows my children to eat more elaborate meals that macaroni and hotdogs till they reach adulthood and can pay their own way!)
Love to all of you!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote