View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #15
Sandra in GA

Re: Walter Reed Vaccine trial

You are right. I am a patient at Mayo in Jacksonville and have been trying to get into their trial. Since I took my last Tykerbs on Nov. 17th, they won't test me until after Feb. 17th. Their trial only includes the positive folks. They are not offering anything for the negative folks. They are not offering the EA37 vaccine, so that would explain why they had told me the vaccine they have would not be effective for neg participants.

Since I live in south Georgia, Jacksonville is less that three hours away by car. However, if necessary, I can get to North Carolina for the vaccine.

Thank you so much for your answer. I am like you. I just want to beat this disease in the head. I have been in a trial for early HER2+ breast cancer patients that combined Tykerb (lapatinib) and Herceptin along with all the regular chemo and radiation. I do hope the vaccine will help me but I also hope I can help others not have to go through all I have. My children are grown, but they have already lost their father to brain cancer and I do so want to be here for my grandchildren. The youngest is only two. My only granddaughter will be four in Jan. and my visualiation is being at her wedding!

Thanks a million~
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote