View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #38
Tom

Smile Hey

Dearest Kat,

I hear Home depot has ready-built dog houses for "large dogs" on sale right now. Might be time you got hubby one for the yard, and put his blanket in it. You take your canine inside for yourself. Leave hubby a bowl to put his take-out or TV dinners in so the ants don't get it.

I'm not sure I know what to tell you at this point. The trip to France would be great to go on with your son. It would be a good experience for both of you, since he seems to be the man in your life right now. Congratulations on raising such a fine son. Sounds as if he's smart like his Mother.

I suppose you might offer marriage counseling and see if he's interested, but it doesn't sound that way. I can't help but wonder if your illness didn't uncover some underlying problem he has had for some time. It just isn't the response one would expect from a "soulmate". You know what they say: if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

I'm certainly no psychlogist, but I don't think you should have to shame him into being a good husband, or try to make him jealous. This nonsense has gone on long enough. If he doesn't give you what you need and deserve, maybe it's time to move on. I don't mean that you should have an affair, as that only hurts YOU emotionally. But perhaps you need to fill up your voids with personal activities. No knitting clubs please, and ceramics is so 70's...lol. Check with your girlfriends and see what they do to amuse themselves. I've heard some pretty wild stories about trips to the supermarket produce section...

Seriously though Kat, you need to find something that can improve the quality of your life. You can't spend half your time worrying about your disease, and the rest worrying about your marriage.

My only other advice is this:

Si le chien ne fera pas des tours, le laisser dormir dehors.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote