View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Becky

Re: worried: bumps on scar line - biopsy indicates allergy

I had/have numerous issues with the skin on my breast. Spider veins formed in 2 areas (caused by radiation) but I watch it and actually measured it and took pictures to make sure it does not change. Everyone says its radiation damage but we don't trust anyone anymore - do we? I also have a dermatitis rash especially when I'm sweaty so its more a summer thing. I have to really let myself dry well. It gets itchy too but it is such a large area, I don't want to put cortisone cream on it all the time because the areas are so big. The cream makes it go away quickly though.

Skin mets won't go away with cortisone cream. That I am pretty sure of. Just like they won't go away with antibiotics and other "normal" drugs. Test it with the cream. Does it still go away? Are you taking a daily allergy pill like Zyrtec or Claratin? That may help alot. However, don't ignore anything new or anything that doesn't go away. I just got diagnosed with a small basal cell carcinoma on my face yesterday (biopsied) and I though it was just a pimple that wouldn't go away (very small). I am getting Moh's micrographic surgery on it a week from today. I was shocked but basal cell is a very benign cancer and doesn't spread. I almost felt silly to have it checked. Good thing I did because they can grow but never become invasive but the removal and potential scarring is worse the bigger they get. Never feel silly because you never know. If you continue to worry about this, get another scrape biopsy to alleviate your worries.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote