View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
'lizbeth

Re: The Downside To Clinical Trials

Yes, very - and we need to become educated consumers, not just blindly led patients. Sheep get slaughtered.

My experience with the women of this board is that they are gifted with intelligence and good sense. That they want to be active participants in their care. Many of us are throwing off the yoke.

I can totally relate to being a frequent flyer to receive medical care in a clinical trial. Even the principal investigator could not get the approval to start a trial location at the local facility where he practiced. I had to fly halfway across the United States for care.

On a good note, I asked my oncologist a couple days ago about various advancements in oncology. I was pleased to hear when I mentioned CLL that he is using functional profiling. It is a small victory toward personalized medicine.

To quote my doctor after the visit:
Quote:
You impressed me with your detailed knowledge of both the medical and
business side of the new drug development yesterday.
Thanks to you and many others on this board I have received quite an education about cancer. I hope to continue adding to my knowledge and appreciate your tutoring.

May we all continue to a future when cancer is easily treated with minimal effect on our quality of life, and survival is never in question.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote