View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
Paula O

Re: Gerson Therapy: what is your experience with it?

While I was researching my treatment options for multifocal stage 3 her2 positive cancer (the spots looked like swiss cheese on mammo and ultrasound), I took at a look at a whole bunch of alternative medicine approaches. I read Moss Reports, "Cancer: Step Outside the box", "Outsmart your cancer: alternative non-toxic treatments that work", "The "Gerson Way" saw the Dvd "Healing Cancer from the inside out", "The Breast Stays put", etc. I spoke with clinics in Mexico and in the US.A who treated cancer with alternative medicine.

I spoke with 4 woman with breast cancer over the phone (none of them her2) who said their breast cancer was eliminated on Gerson Therapy and one whose cancer had not grown since on it. A couple of them were RNs as I am. One was a spry naturopathic physican who was in her 70s and said she was given a death sentence for breast cancer in her 30s and told she would die in a matter of months without treatment--she did not have a mastectomy, chemo, or radiation--just did Gerson Therapy. She said she was NED all these years later. I also spoke with some folks with other types of cancer (one was pancreatic) who also said they were also NED or improving. I decided to try it before conventional therapy while my immune system was intact. Oh, how I wanted that approach to work! It is a very challenging, intense program and I imagine most people would rather die than follow that approach but not me. I have a friend doing it instead of chemo post surgery for ovarian cancer and she is doing very well so far.

I followed the Gerson Therapy for a couple months while having my breast monitored periodically by ultrasound. There was not much change (mostly stable, slight increase in sizes of some of the spots- after the first four weeks) but it grew more after that when checked 5 weeks later. I then elected to do all the things I hoped to avoid by the Gerson Therapy (mastectomy (cancer in 6 out of 11 lymph nodes), chemo, radiation, Herceptin). I do not regret having tried the Gerson Therapy first--for me personally,I needed to see if it was a tool that God would use. The whole idea of addressing detoxification and nutritional deficiencies is more in keeping with my personal bent to address root causes. However, it did not work for me and I want to live so have altered my approach in this battle and again, am seeing if these things I am doing now are tools God will use. I figure He's the only One who can make any of this stuff work anyway.

The coffee enemas are to stimulate the portal vein and cause dumping of toxins in the detoxification process. I used probiotics to replenish healthy bacteria. I will say, after different times of feeling ill during the detoxification process I felt like I was back in my 20s again. I "FELT" fabulous but the cancer was growing. I am doing some organic juicing now as I am building back up my body, but not the 13/ day I was doing on Gerson.

I wish you the best.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote