View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
Jackie07

Re: It has been a good week, until today

When I was undergoing chemo treatment (Taxatere, Carboplatin, Herceptin), it took me 4 days to recover after the infusion. I had infusion on Thursday afternoon around 4:30 pm. I went to work fine on Friday. Then I collapsed on Saturday and slept whole day Sunday. Then miraculously I was good to go back to work on Monday morning!il (though still tired easily)

It's natural for us to have self-doubt during treatment. Our body is busy fighting the disease, it's hard for us to spare our energy on anything else. And yes, we get much more sensitive than usual during this time period. Having tears is actually not a bad thing. Sometimes a good counselor can help us sort out things. It won't hurt to talk to a professional if you are still feeling like a mess.

I was introduced to a term called 'unresolved complex' - I was crying like a baby when a job counselor casually asked me: "How did you lose your job?" The job loss had happened more than 2 years prior and I'd already been working full-time - though not in the professional field I'd been trained for. The job counselor told me that I had unresolved complex and insisted that I see a psychiatrist! "So now I'm crazy?" I sobbed even more!

But I knew I needed help, so I got a referral from my family doctor (couldn't help crying while making the phone call) On the appointment day, the staff in the department seemed to have conspired together: everyone I met would ask me the same question: "So how did you lose your job?"

After I'd shed tears and told the story for the 4th (?) time, the question suddenly ceased to bother me ...

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 07-13-2013 at 02:59 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote