View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
islandgirl

Seattle - Health care team

I just want to say how heartily I recommend my oncologist, Kristine Rinn, M.D., of Swedish Hospital Cancer Institute. Also, her nurse, Betsy and her administrative staff, Paulette. I had done prior treatments (first breast cancer) at the University of Washington - mostly with surgery. My team there was excellent, as well (Dr. Benjamin O. Anderson, surgeon, Kathie Errico, AARPN - who was fantastic!!). When I was diagnosed a second time, 6 years later, and was faced with chemo (first time, wasn't indicated) I did a second opinion at Swedish and 'hired' Dr. Rinn to be my oncologist. Not only is she thorough and smart as a whip, she is a lovely, authentic, communicative and amazing person. I knew I needed someone who I felt utterly comfortable with. I had a challenging diagnosis and I felt so fortunate to have found Dr. Rinn....
2007 total hysterectomy (fibroids/family hx of ovarian cancer)
2009 Dx with DCIS, high grade 3 with microinvasion. Estrogen-Progesterone -, HER2 Neu +
2009 (3/26/09) Mastectomy right breast
5/09 - 8/09 weekly Taxol/Herceptin
8/09 - Present - Herceptin every 3 weeks

6/10 Begin breast reconstruction!
islandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote