View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
trasia

Re: In vitro/vivo trial Curcumin and/or Herceptin

Jackie07:
I do know that standard treatment for Her2 positive cancer works. My bc discovered in 2007 was almost exactly the same as your Mom's: Stage 2B with 2 lymphnodes involvement. I had 6 rounds of TCH (Taxatere, Carboplatin, Herceptin) and then 4 rounds of weekly Herceptin. I could not go on to complete the 1-year Herceptin because of lowered MUGA score. It's almost been four years, and I am happy to report that I've been doing well.

Trasia:
I have seen a lot of anectodal evidence of TCH and I am really glad it worked for you, this is the reason why I am not giving up on conventional medicine, it seems as years go by, oncologists seems to find the best chemo+ Herceptin combo (in 2008, women die of poor combinations of Herceptin, as well as of course Avastin- which am glad FDA has pulled away).

My mother’s initial MUGA scan is quite low and her initial treatment plan is not TCH but AC+ Herceptin. From a clinical perspective, am really quite worried about Herceptin’s SE for her heart… which is why am trying to find out if there is a better alternative to Herceptin. A few people said Tykerb is an alternative,but that would be another topic altogether.
I learned to hold myself with dignity, respect and humility. My mother taught me to love and care for humanity, and a compassion that I have never seen matched. She is brilliant, and more generous than any person I have ever met. I know my mother loves me more than life itself. Her latest lesson is Courage as WE seek treatment for her condition and she enter the great unknown, and faces her inner demons…And I promised her that I will be her strength when she needs it, and her patience when she cannot bear it anymore..

~trasia (primary caregiver of her 60 year old mother- IDC Stage 2B ER+ 90% PR- Her2+++ 3/25 lymph node involvement (Diagnosed Jan 2010- BMX- Feb 2010)
trasia is offline   Reply With Quote