View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
trasia

Re: In vitro/vivo trial Curcumin and/or Herceptin

Jackie07:
I want to first commend you for being a dedicated caregiver to your mother.

Trasia:
Thanks for the acknowledgement. I guess in one way or the other this is my way showing gratitude for raising me.

Jackie07:
The question you posted seems to be in need of some kind of clinical trials/research to reach a conclusive finding. What 'I think' is of no value to the fact and the medical research.

Trasia
The clinical study comparing the effect of Taxol+ Curcumin and Curcumin on mice seemed to show the efficacy of Curcumin, and it needs to be tested on humans. And am quite glad that in the recently concluded SABCS, it seems there was a proposal to compare Curcumin only and Curcumin plus Herceptin only. But I wonder who will have an incentive to conduct such kind of tests? It also makes me wonder why this is being done in a Taiwan Hospital when the series of studies was iniatiated at MD Anderson by Dr. Aggrawal (one of Dr. Slamon's previous colleagues at Genentech)

Conducting clinical trials is an investment in itself. In the UK, there are NGO’s supporting clinical trials of this magnitude… I am wondering why no one is sponsoring these kind of tests? I would probably email Big Herba companies like Life Extension to sponsor things like this as well.
I learned to hold myself with dignity, respect and humility. My mother taught me to love and care for humanity, and a compassion that I have never seen matched. She is brilliant, and more generous than any person I have ever met. I know my mother loves me more than life itself. Her latest lesson is Courage as WE seek treatment for her condition and she enter the great unknown, and faces her inner demons…And I promised her that I will be her strength when she needs it, and her patience when she cannot bear it anymore..

~trasia (primary caregiver of her 60 year old mother- IDC Stage 2B ER+ 90% PR- Her2+++ 3/25 lymph node involvement (Diagnosed Jan 2010- BMX- Feb 2010)
trasia is offline   Reply With Quote