Thread: Kvetching
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #28
islandgirl

Re: Kvetching

Hi all: I joined this group a week ago - I have never done this before, however, it is good timing. I'm on my way for Herceptin treatment today in Seattle (I live on an island in Puget Sound, so this involves a ferry boat ride - pretty actually!!). While it IS a piece of cake compared to Taxol, 5 surgeries, etc. I am tired of the ride. I overall feel lucky with my prognosis and then, when I look at my health history the past several years I exclaim "Is this really my life". Who ever expects this. My daughters are 10 and 14. I traveled to the midwest in November for my mom's 85th birthday and kind of a celebration/break for me and my 14 year old melted completely. She's a challenging kid, smart, (adopted), and intense. Part of her statement to me was "Well, you know, we've been dealing with your cancer for 7 years" and "Quit acting like everything is normal". Now I'm dealing with a seriously depressed teen and am dealing with crisis counseling appointments, psychiatrists, etc. I would like a break! They will come, won't they??? Just venting. Thanks.

Jude
2007 total hysterectomy (fibroids/family hx of ovarian cancer)
2009 Dx with DCIS, high grade 3 with microinvasion. Estrogen-Progesterone -, HER2 Neu +
2009 (3/26/09) Mastectomy right breast
5/09 - 8/09 weekly Taxol/Herceptin
8/09 - Present - Herceptin every 3 weeks

6/10 Begin breast reconstruction!
islandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote