Thread: TCH Revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Jean

Re: TCH Revisited

New Survivor: How beautiful your Mother's words are. We have all cried at one time or another during our journey..I remember when first dx I could not or would not cry as I had to be brave for my husband and son who when they heard the news turned pale. I saw the fear in their eyes for me. After my surgery and finding out I was Her2 I had a good hard cry. Felt good! At that time early stage patients were no t being treated with Herceptin. It only added to the frustration of the dx. to learn that one had to fight for the best treatment.

THC is pretty much the Gold Standard of treatment now. The herceptin part of your treatment will so much easier. Each one is different but for the most part one can expect the fatigue. It is important to eat a good source of high protein. Keep your flushing your system with water after treatment. Try to eat yogurt to keep your system in check (I never had a problem with thrush.
I also would have treatment on Thur. I woiuld be fine on Fri. - Sat. Sun were down days but try to walk even if it is just to your own mailbox. I also found that warm soaking baths were helpful for the joints and aches. I would even
put a heating pad on legs to relieve the muscle aches.

What is most important is - here I am 6.5 yrs. later and I look back on treatment and am thankful. You will too! Before you know it you will be posting your one out from treatment and looking back saying wow I really did it. Just keep looking ahead and know that you are doing all you can and you will make it through treatment.

Wishing you all the best.
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo