View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: A simple formula for changing the future

Use your thoughts. Don't let your thoughts rule you.

We see our situation and we feel physically off and far worse. We sense this is a continuing pattern. We KNOW the statistics and they are scary. Fear is among our worst enemies!

The story we see isn't pretty but it is insistent. Despite what our senses and logic tells us, we have the power to --
THINK FROM THE END.

SEE YOURSELF AS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE -- HAPPY, HEALTHY AND ENJOYING LIFE, like all the other normal people. See it in vivid detail. KNOW it. Become that person. NOW. Live as that person. NOW. FEEL exactly how you would feel having achieved your desired dream. BELIEVE in your ability to draw what you want to you. What would you do?

Dig your toes into the sand of a beach? Run in a field of wild flowers beside a pond under a gloriously blue and sunlit sky? Are your arms outstretched? Feeling the breeze you're creating along your arms? Are you glowing with joy? Laughing?

When our objective senses are partly suspended (in meditation for example) our subjective faculties become alert. Suggestions which appear powerless when presented directly to the objective consciousness are highly efficacious when you are in a relaxed state.

I've described my way of reaching a meditative state with SQUARE BREATHING. Gosh, it's somewhere among my posts...

Bold assertion awakens what you affirm. The thorough BELIEF in the truth of your mental assertion -- produces results. Have NO DOUBT that your subjective mind will transmit your fixed ideas. Go into controlled reverie mode. You are the artist. The creator.

Once you suggest something to the subjective mind it is under obligation to objectify that which you mentally affirm!

It is challenging to control the subconscious but it is doable by all of us. Imagination and faith are the secrets of creation...
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote