View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Becky

Re: Vitamin D & Breast Cancer 50% - 70% risk reductions - authoritative must watch vi

I know I must not process D well. I have to take 5000iu daily to be at 49 ng/ml (USA measurement). It is good since the low end of optimal is 30 ng/ml. But I don't want to take more to get it to the 50's or 60's. I just had it run and haven't gotten the results yet. Maybe its higher because its summer. So, RB is right (as always), you have to get tested.

I have three daughters and made them all get tested. One was only 8ng/ml and is at 40 now and she, like me, takes 5000iu per day. One was at 30ng/ml and she takes a multi vitamin 200 iu and once a week takes a 2000iu. She hasn't gotten retested because she was at an okay level to begin with. My third daughter tested at 49ng/ml so she was fine. My husband was at 32ng.ml and takes one 2000iu per week. Everyone who was fine to begin with didn't get retested to see how this regime changed their numbers and they were winter numbers.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote