View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
1rarebird

Re: Fish Oil Reduces BC Risk by 32%

Yes, Becky, thanks for posting this information. I hope my doctor now takes a little more interest in the F.O. supplements I am taking, but unless findings come from a large prospective trial, he usually just shrugs.

The ABC News report that aired this morning mentioned a randomized clinical trial that is studying this same question. If it turns out that F.O. is this effective in preventing breast cancer, then I think the stuff will rank up there with Tamoxifen in the people it helps protect over over time. GSK the makers of Lovaza, a pharmaceutical grade of EPA/DHA fish oil for cardiovascular disease approved by EPA, would be extemely happy with such a finding. Perhaps they are the ones conducting the trial the news report mentioned. I for one hope so since I would like to take pharmaceutical F.O. rather than one made under less stringent if any quality controls.

bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote