View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #7
Brian

Dear Ladies:

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I have great appreciation for your courage and tenacity in the face of this awful disease. My wife and I are determined to do whatever we can to prevent the return of this disease and to try any reasonable means of treatment to that end (that means no witch doctors.) After talking to Dr. Disis about their follow-up studies from 1996 and after finding that Lisa's tumors contained "reactive" killer t-cells, we have hope that the vaccine treatments will have a beneficial effect. We are also encouraged that we caught this recurrance when it was small, contained and localized. Our doctors would not have authorized surgery if they thought it would not have helped. This was not a "palliative" treatment. Lisa also had a complete response to her herceptin treatments and was NED before this for almost two years. Our hope is that this a set back and nothing more.

I know that you all have been faced with the same trials with this disease, and I also know that progress is being made every day toward containing and curing it. If we all can stay around long enough, we will be here when the cure is finally found.

All e-mails are greatfully accepted.

God Bless you all! Brian