Thread: Ugg
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
Lien

Re: Ugg

Hi Rich, I know that feeling all too well. There are few doctors who know everything, or are prepared to acknowledge that they don't. I had a similar struggle when my son had a rare disease that's even rarer in young boys, that could have caused him to lose his leg. All worked out well, because I finally found the right doc and the right treatment. But it took me almost a year and it was scary as H**l!

I'm lucky with my cancer doc. He encourages me to do research. He even gave me his password for some good sites, so I could read for myself. And he takes the time to explain his point of view regarding the research. Docs like him are few and far between.

In the end, it's all about fear. Fear of losing a loved one, fear of losing a patient, fear of failing a loved one or a patient. Unfortunately, we don't have control over this disease and that's hard to handle for some docs. And for some patients and loved ones. I know I have trouble dealing with that. Perhaps one day we will know how to fix cancer. Wouldn't that be great? In the mean time, we do the best we can with the knowledge and resources we have. You are definitely doing the best you can. That could be a threat to some docs. Because they feel they are not.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote