View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #47
donocco

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

VDC

I have to be honest with you. The copper reduction demands lowering the serum copper by 80%. You even have to watch the water you drink. Yes cocoa is rich in copper. Dr Brewer used a copper chelator called Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate. His original plan was to quickly reduce the copper over say a six month period with the Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate then keep it down with oral zinc salt 50mg elemental zinc three times a day. The zinc causes the intestinal columnar cells to produce a protein called Metallothionein and this protein prevents copper from the diet from being absorbed by the intestine. If you go this route chocolate is no problem as the copper wont be absorbed.

The tetramolybdate salt is not FDA approved. They wanted it approved for the treatment of Wilsons disease, a hereditary disease of copper metabolism. Excess copper is deposited in the liver and brain tissues causing liver damage and Parkinson symptoms. Left untreated it is fatal.

Right now they have pharmacies making these Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate capsules costing about 6 dollars each. If the drug is FDA approved and made by a say Pfizer it will cost 2000 dollars a capsule considering the potential value of the drug in cancer. I'm not trusting of the FDA. As far as I'm concerned their main purpose is keeping their jobs not "guarding the American Health." This was not a problem when medicine was private. Now that it is insurance conrtolled its a problem. The FDA is controlled by Congress and Congress is controlled by lobbys. We have two opposing lobbys ie drug co and insurance companies and the congressmen want the lobby money from both. Once again the FDA appeases them by approving a drug (drug company happy they can charged what the want) and limiting the drugs use in the FDA approval (this gives the insurance company an out as any use outside FDA approval is called experimental.

A perfect example is the drug Movantik to prevent constipation induced by those taking opiate drugs as cancer patients often have to. One problem-the FDA has approved Movantik for non cancer related opiate induced constipation. In other words the insurance companies wont pay for it if the opiate user is a cancer pt. Look this up. I don't want you to take my word for it. I think this is deliberate but I cant prove it. If I could there is little I could do about it. I'm sorry the FDA has become so politicized but that is the way it seems to be.

Sorry for the speech. I only want to point out that anyone using ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate for copper reduction had better start as soon as possible. Once the idea catches on it will be quickly FDA approved and only for Wilsons disease. Of course speak with your doctor if interested. You need an MDs order to do the blood tests that measure the Ceruloplasmin level. Ceruloplasmin is a copper carrying protein. Also with Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate copper reduction you have to check for anemia and neutropenia, indications the copper level has dropped too low. Please forgive any misspellings.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote