View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #17
Rolepaul

Re: Cancer in Spinal Fluid - given 6 months

Karen, thanks for giving me a heads up. I am commuting from Denver to Omaha weekly for work. I got a private message and tried to help Saygoon get up to speed on some of the potential solutions to this problem. Overall, this is not a good outlook if you look at results from three or more years ago. Since then, there has been an understanding that higher dose Herceptin administered directly into the brain or CNS cavity has had some pretty positive results. Susan was not able to survive her disease, but it is appears that the higher dose has resulted in a number of women having their disease stabilize or go into remission in the CNS. Please keep sending people my way as I am in contact with Genentech people that are working on this issue.
As I said in the email to Saygoon, kick in the shin any medical person that says you have six months to live or to make end of life plans. This is a bad situation, but it is one that HER 2+ women with CNS have the right to get treated correctly. I know that how hard it is to change the medical community, but it starts with everyone that has this problem saying they will not accept death as the only alternative.
I solve problems for a living. I solved this problem for my wife for her life. She is in full remission in her spine for 3 years as of this May. The medical community does not know why it works, while I did not know why it would not.
Paul
I hate to lose. Never give up.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote