View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
JoyceJ

Re: Tykerb/ herception in stage 3a locally advanced patients

Hi Jolletta,
I've been on Tykerb and Herceptin for almost 18 months . I have only minor side effects, fatigue, thinning of hair and nails and occasional acne. My heart has remained strong through it all (I'm physically fit age 40). To my knowledge I believe you are eligible for both. This is my first post so I'm including a lot of info because I don't know how to post it with my profile...I started the combo of Tykerb and Herceptin after I was diagnosed with a brain met. for which I had a craniotomy in March of 09. My original diagnosis stage IIIc IDC HER+ er/pr- was Halloween 06. Radical mastectomy 2 tumors, Padget's disease and 10 nodes + Treatment for the initial dx: I entered a drug trial in which I completed 1year of dose dense Carboplatin, dose dense Taxol, Herceptin and Avastin. I contiuced the Avastin and Herceptin for a total of 15 months and remained disease free until the brain met in 09. Unfortunately I had a recurrence of two more mets treated lasted week via gamma-knife surgery. I'm still taking the Tykerb and Herceptin because the rest of my body is remaining clean. I'm fatigued fearful and unfocused but doing well. If anyone has good info rearding brain mets via alternatives to radiation and resection , let me know.
Peace and Health!
Joyce
JoyceJ is offline   Reply With Quote