View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
ausborn

Thank you so much for your replies. I met with onc today and here's what we decided. I am going to stop the tykerb for a few days and start back only taking three and stay at three tykerb a day. I am so happy with this plan. Four of these horse pills a day is just a bit too much for me.
I was taking imodium like candy, but a rx for lomotil has helped more. Zofran has helped too..no more vomiting..just some nausea.

Beth, so glad you mentioned the fingers/toes. Just today I have a 'split' open place on the end of my thumb. I was chalking it up to artic blast cold we've had in here in the south recently. I've never had this happen before..so perhaps it is the tykerb. Didn't think to mention it to onc.

My attitude is so much better today. I was afraid the onc would not want me to just do the lower dose. SO happy she suggested it!

I am so happy to be connecting with other tykerbies. On another site, everyone who posts seem to be doing xeloda with tykerb.

Thanks so much! I look forward to helping each other as we kick our mets to the 'kerb'.
05/2006 PET scan 4 tumors in breast (AGAIN),
Bi lat mast, stopped Femara, Zometa, began
Faslodex
06/2007 Progression to ribs, currently doing rads to ribs, continuing Herceptin and Faslodex
12/2008 Progression to same rib, two new ribs showing on scan. Began Tykerb, while continuing Herceptin and Faslodex
ausborn is offline   Reply With Quote