View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
Kimberly Lewis

Exclamation Lump in Breast and now one in armpit

My daughter shares the BRCA2 gene and now at 35 she had a good sized palpable lump in her breast. She went to the Dr. who gave her an Ultrasound and said it was not cancer. Now just a short time later she also finds one under her arm. She is going for ANOTHER ultrasound and I am going with her. I don't understand why an ultrasound is a good option! I had a stereotactic biopsy, and several mamograms and still no one saw that I had stage 3a Breast cancer till they went in to remove my supposedly stage 0 cancer. So I have a low trust factor for Dr.'s to begin with. I need to do my very best to see that she gets good care and quickly. What should we be asking? What should I be doing to help her get this taken care of? She was already talking to a plastic surgeon to go ahead with the Double Mastectomy with reconstruction, now this happens. arrrrrgh I am so worried about her. Can anyone offer me some advise? I think that being away from the medical side for so long makes me insecure and feeling out of the loop. thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Kim

Diagnosed 7/05
Stage 3a er+(45%) pr+(68%) Her2+ (40%)
3.8 cm + .8cm multi focal - pleomorphic lobular tumors
high grade DCIS
7/20 nodes

BRCA 2
positive as of 5/07
surgeries: double mastectomy, hysterectomy (LAVH)
A/C,Herceptin for 1 year completed 11/06
femara

Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote