View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #32
chrisy

Missing last call or full moon over Palatine

Well Believe, I think you may have taken the heat off! Thanks!

You really didn't have to go throwing yourself under the bus for me like you did, because after reading Bill's guess and realizing that people might think I did something MORE embarrassing than drinking tequila shots with Gordon Lightfoot and his band in their hotel room, I decided to stop that madness once and for all!

My only concern is, I don't want y'all to go thinking you have to one up me on this because I think one such story is probably enough. But I'm worried because Gerri's minor garter belt mishap quickly begat a flood of wardrobe malfunction confessions!

My MEM is also from my younger, wilder days. I think I might have more recent embarassing moments, but maybe I just don't care anymore!

My sister and I used to frequent a pub called Durty Nellies West Irish Pub (not the one in San Antonio, the one in Palatine, IL). It was a nice old place with a lively bar in the front, and an even livelier room in back where they had live bands. We never missed a night when our favorite band was playing and naturally closed the place down so we wouldn't miss a moment of fun.

The only bad thing about Nellies was that there were only 2 small bathrooms, one for men and one for women. Ladies, I know you can relate to the waiting in line...but at least you could still enjoy the music while waiting! One night my sister and I had been enjoying our favorite band and a....couple of beers. I might have gotten a little overhydrated.

Last call came and went, the band played their encore and then the lights came on. Well, last call is one thing, but the lights coming on is quite another! Once the lights are on, everybody must leave - regardless of one's position in the bathroom line!

So you guessed it, we had to leave with me in my seriously overhydrated condition. There being no other options at that hour of the morning, I did what any other modest lady in need would do - I discreetly dipped down in front of the car (which was parked head in to a hedge) and dropped my drawers. And my sister did what any late night barfly eager to get home would do...she jumped in the car, started the engine, and flipped on the headlights!

Lucky for me, I think she was the only one who saw the full moon in the parking lot that night, but it is always nice to have a story like that to hang over her head!

See, that wasn't so embarASSing after all!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote