View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Chelee

Tonya, Those pre-meds will keep you wired up a bit for a couple days. So yes...the problem of sleeping is very common while going through chemo. Sleep is important so I would try your xanax first...that should help. If not *most* onc's are good about making sure you have something to help you sleep. So if the xanax doesn't work ask your onc about it. Many like the Ambiem but for me that didn't work at all. Ambiem is really to help you fall asleep...but not keep you asleep. Actually there is a newer version of Ambiem so it might be better then what I tried.

The xanax and Ativan worked the best for me. But you will want to try something because its bad enough going through chemo without having to worry about not getting any sleep. Again...this is a very common problem so tell your onc if the xanax doesn't do it. Hang in there.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote