View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
mrsjck

Hello, new to this site and just found your post...I had breast cancer in 1998, radiation, chemo, lumpectomy...all clear for 7 years...now has spread to spine, hips, pelvis, femur...currently had radiation to lower spine, Arimidex (to starve the tumors) and Zometa to strengthen the bones. I am almost 60 and in good health...some female troubles...hot flashes, etc. due to hormone treatment but otherwise doing very well on all tests...I have wonderful support around me, as does your friend with all you gals at work. One of the best pieces of advice is not to look backwards for long...we weren't created that way...eyes forward, feet forward...look to the future...whatever it is we are going through...even aside from cancer..."this too shall pass". It is an absolute truth...it always passes into something else...good, bad or indifferent...it is something else...gives one a sense of movement...like we are doing something, making progress...and by God...we are. Try to connect you gals to this site or to breastcancer.org or others out there...all of you will find answers and support to help your friend...and she is truly blessed to have you.
mrsjck is offline   Reply With Quote