Thread: Food column
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #32
janet/FL

Lilly,
Thank you so much for starting this, (I jsut saw it this morning). I have been eating just horribly the past few months and last night was my start to a better diet. My problem is I hate to cook. Particularly since my DH and I are on a different diet plan, he is diabetic, and does not like many of the foods we could eat together. Such as salmon & broccoli. He gets tired of good food after eating it once or twice, such as a tuna fish sandwich. He does like salads. I get tired of those! Right now, he is not hungry and really doesn't want to eat anything. Got to get him to the doctor!

Last night, I decided to fix a salad. DH just had a tooth pulled so wasn't eating. I used organic mixed greens, chopped organic carrots, chopped onion and fresh chopped garlic. Since I don't like salads and the types of salad dressing I like aren't good for me, I took one that I do like, a ranch dressing, and put lots of milk in it to really thin it out. I poured that on the salad. The salad was very good--until the fresh garlic and onion got to me! I added cottage cheese to try to cut the very strong taste and managed to get it down.

With the inspiration of this group, I hope to greatly improve my diet and cooking skills.

This morning, I am having organic V-8 juice. Then organic blueberries with Ezechiel flax cereal.

For those of you near a Costco, they now have organic ground beef and are trying to get in a lot more organic veggies and meat.
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote