View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
Debbie L.

Re: Would like to hear from any Er-, Pr-. with lymph nodes involved?

Hi KitCat,

Big node freaked me out, too. But that was nearly 10 years ago (and I'm NED without recurrence).

My largest lymph node was 6cm and was the reason we noticed the breast cancer. I had 4 other big positive ones. You can see other details (like no Herceptin) in my signature. Being a control freak (recovering), I tried to do research on this (size of lymph nodes) and basically what I found out was exactly what my community-practice onc had told me: "the significance, if any, of the size of an affected lymph node is not known".

Keep talking, about what scares you. It might still scare you when we're done talking, but at least you'll know you're in good company.

Debbie Laxague
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote