View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
Chelee

Re: Cancer is back...I just knew it.

AlaskaAngel, You are so right when it comes to the fear of the unknown. I feel sick right now...and it doesn't help that my husband left me here alone to deal with this.

He did say he would take me where ever I needed to go. When treatment starts its like living at the cancer center...so if I change I need to find one that is within reasonable driving distance. I'm just so over whelmed right now and can't even think straight...I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm still so angry at my oncologist. The minute my TM'ers started to go up exactly on 7-22-08...which was 4 months after completing Herceptin...I mentioned several problems I was having just to be blow off. I begged to stay on Herceptin and I almost can't help but wonder had I got to stay on it if it wouldn't of keep the cancer away? (I guess I'll never know.) I see my onc today at 2:30 and then I'll find out how much chest wall & axilla involvement? That's what I'm really worried about...I only have 30% use of right lung and 40% of my left as it is.

I will be demanding a brain MRI to be done asap also! I've had really bad headaches and have been on the clumsy side which is not like me. I am beyond stressed.

Thanks Alaska for your kind comments.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote