View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Lien

Smile I graduated today

After having had bi-annual checkups for 5 years, I've now graduated to annual ones. As I was doing one checkup at the National Cancer Hospital in Amsterdam, and the other at my local hospital, I said goodbye to the Cancer Hospital today.

It felt strange, not to be going there anymore, but ofcourse I do welcome the next stage in my cancer-experience. The doctors and nurses said they were glad to see me go and that they hoped they'd never see me again; at least: not at that hospital. I walked out of the place with a great big smile on my face. People stared at me, because most folks there have no reason to be happy. Or at least, not yet.

I was told that my prognosis is a lot better now than it was 5 years ago. And the doc told me that they are leaning towards prolonged AI therapy. When my 5 years of Arimidex are up in Dec. I'll have a talk with my onc at the local hospital in Haarlem.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote