View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
IrvineFriend

Re: Can these treatments get any worse?

Hey Dee,

So sorry to hear. I had a similar experience but it didn't hit until round 4 which I never recovered from until I had to face round 5. I was like the poster child that chemo isn't really hard until that round. I still worked but after that, I could have been cast on Walking Dead (zombie show).

Round 5 obviously wasn't fun because I was expecting the worst. I took vacation time for round 6 because I expected it to suck just as bad but round 5 and 6 were not too bad. When round 4 was so horrific I used this site and found that it was common. Now you had serious issues with round 3, but I'm guessing you're going to do better than you think.

Think positive. I think it knocks us all down at a point. Remember, chemo was developed as such a harsh treatment that it's super bad, but they backed it down so we don't die from it, just feels like we're going to.

I was pleasantly surprised that 6 was not too bad. But for my sister it was the worst and she convinced me to take a week off to recover. I just watched movies and hung out and didn't feel like you're feeling now (and most of us know that "I'm going to die" from chemo feeling).

Hang in there, the chemo is there to kill those fast growing cells but also hits our good cells so your body is taking the hit of your life. You will recover but it's hell being in there. Just want to bring some hope that it may not continue for each round. I think the body at some point realizes it's being so poisoned it shuts down and then somehow gets used to it. Or it does well until the last round.

Just hang in there!!!! And use this site and our stories to get you through it. I don't think I'd be here if not for this site.

XOXO

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote