View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #109
R.B.

Re: Iodine deficiency ! - falling intakes - goitregens - competition bromine and fluo

If anybody is in the UK and interested I am speaking at a Royal Society of Medicine food section conference on hidden nutritional deficiencies in my new role as recently appointed Chair of the McCarrison Society, which is a venerable society with its own widely recognized Journal 'Nutrition and Health'.

The Society has a long illustrious history, but is in need of a bit of revamping including a new web site.

I will be looking in whistle-stop fashion at deficiencies in nutrients particularly Iodine, Vitamin D, minerals, and imbalances in Omega 3 and 6 set within the context of the shoreline diet which arguably provided the conditions for out existence.

I am hoping to make the McCarrison Society a forum to bring together the Food Agricultural and Health sectors to the same table, which they never are, to try and bring focus on deficiencies such as Vitamin D, Iodine and secure the implementation of strategies to address them.

This is the link to the conference.

http://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/fhf01

Last edited by R.B.; 10-05-2014 at 04:00 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote