View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Sandra in GA

Re: ~Okay, 30 Minute Conversation and I Don't Understand A Word!!!!!

Marie,
I undsrstand the frustration you are feeling right now. Eight years ago I lost my dear husband of 35 years to glioblastoma. After the brain surgery, he had extensive swelling because of the Gliodele wafers they put in. He lost his total ability to communicate. When he could not talk, he tried to write notes that no one could read. This was a man who was a pharmacist and could normally spell anything in the world. He got so frustrated at me when I could not understand that he threw a blueberry muffin across the room at me while we were still at Duke! I am sure that you know that this is as hard on him as it is on you.

He always (35 years worth) told me that life is for the living and he expected me to continue with my life. I learned after his death that this was the greatest gift he ever gave me. Please remember that as you go through this "hell." Your life will never be the same, but eventually you will be able to greet sunups with a smile. The old cliche', "Time heals," really is true. There will never be a day that you will not think of your Mighty Oak with love, but you will be able to enjoy living again.

You are in my prayers. I pray for strenght for you and peace for your husband.

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote