Thread: black cohosh
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Bill

Hi Suzanne! It's good to see your smiling faces again. Oddly enough, I was reading about black cohosh and evening primrose oil yesterday in the book, "You: Staying Young" by Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D. (yeah, Oprah's guy). They recommend trying these for menopausal symptoms. Also, for what it's worth, in their words, "You remember the first time you suffered hot flashes. Now remember what started the symtoms? That is one of your triggers. Common culprits include stress, red wine, chocolate, coffee, and hot rooms (although it's hard to tell after the flash has started)" They also recommend yoga as a stress relieving tool. Suzanne, last week I was watching a news clip that showed a Manitobian baseball Mom beating the living crap out of three rugged-looking coaches from another town. All you could see through the dust cloud at center-field was a bunch of elbows and once in awhile a green bandana. When the dust settled, three men lay on the ground, the Mom standing over them, "Like I said, he was SAFE, Right?!" mumbling from the ground, "yes, ma'am, he was safe, yes, ma'am"