View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Fighting fire

Re: Herceptin question

My taste buds are also back to normal! Such a great feeling.
I'm going to see my surgeon on Tuesday and I hope these ankles subside by then! When I can I elevate them higher than my heart, and I can't drink enough water, so I feel like I'm doing my part. If the swelling doesn't come down I'll also be taking some Lasix. It's funny how this didn't happen when we were receiving all that extra fluid over the last 20-some weeks. Why did it wait til now??? Oh well...
Onward and upward!
(Insert... I had my 2nd son at 26 weeks... for the first 15 months of his life I pumped around the clock for his nutrition. Since then-Sept 2012- my breasts went under a huge transformation. That led me to find my lump, I believe...)
Mid september 2013- found a lump in right breast
Had annual already scheduled for Oct. 2nd, where he said he wasn't impressed with the lump, but I urged him to order me a mammogram.
Oct. 14th- At the mammogram the technician said he should've ordered me a diagnostic one...
Oct. 28th- got a call to come back for diagnostic mammogram.
Oct. 30th- diagnostic mamm and ultrasound revealed something suspicious, and a cloudy lymph node. Couldn't get me in for biopsy for 2 weeks
Nov. 1st- called around to another hospital to see if I could be seen earlier... Nov. 4th biopsy scheduled.
Nov. 4th- ultrasound guided needle biopsy, they felt the lymph node looked fine & didn't biopsy.
Nov. 7th- DIAGNOSIS...
Nov. 11th- pathology reveals ER-/PR- HER2+++.
Nov. 13- Met with BS- discussed 85%+++ chance of beating this, neoadjuvant therapy will be best approach.
Nov 14-22-pre-chemo testing. All scans came back unremarkable except for breast MRI revealing something suspicious on left breast also.
Nov. 25th- Began TCHP every three weeks until March 10, 2014!!!
March 31st- began Herceptin only, radiologist says "congratulations, you've had a complete response to the chemo!" Very lucky.
April 15th- lumpectomy/SNB. Pathology reveals clear margins and negative nodes! Time to celebrate!
May 13- June 24- 28 radiation trmts to lumpectomy area, node biopsy area, and sub-clavicular node region, followed by 5 'boost' rads to lumpectomy area only.
Finished with radiation!!!
Herceptin only every 3 weeks until October.
October 27th last Herceptin!!!
November 17th port removed!!!!
P.S. My picture under my user name was taken July 11th after my first trim and color since starting my fight back in November!
July 2015- PET scan results- NED!!! Popping the champagne!
Fighting fire is offline   Reply With Quote