View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 11:02 PM   #14
VDC

Smile Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

Ahhhh....your responses make a lot of sense now! I am glad to be a recipient of your research, or curiosity, or fear? Keep the info coming my way! I'll take any suggestions or ideas and do some reading!

I'm a bit of an amateur sleuth when it comes to lipids and lipid metabolism. In fact, I chose bile acid sequesterants as my topic for graduate school. Of course I had one VERY good reason to study them.....our seven year old son with HoFH! (he is now 23 and no heart disease! ....and an LDL of 53 thanks to the interaction between Trans Resveratrol and Juxtapid)

Sloan/Kettering has a reasonable website for herbs/botanical etc. I use it as a starting place for finding research articles. From the articles listed as references, I branch out to the articles that reference them etc. I'm sure you are already familiar with it?

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/tr...medicine/herbs

I also use the WebMD website as a starting place for research articles on particular substances and then move to those articles that reference those. WebMD is more thorough.

I took your advice and after doing a little research of my own, I ordered some pycnogenol. There isn't a lot of data out there related to cancer and not much research, but what I did find was fascinating and worth a whirl. And I'm also interested in the possibility of reducing the inflammation that I deal with on a daily basis. I've tried pretty much everything else!

Thanks for the suggestions, and please DO keep the suggestions or ideas coming!

VDC is offline   Reply With Quote