View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #10
VDC

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

Ah yes, Berberine! I've been taking Berberine for about 3 months.

Actually I'm on a smorgasbord of things!
IP-6, inositol hexaphosphate
Indole-3-Carbinol
Trans Resveratrol
Quercetin
Evening Primrose oil
Co Q 10
Cranberry extract
Grape Seed Extract
Curcumin
Flaxseed Lignan
Vit D
Flaxseed oil
Aspirin
Rosemary
Green tea extract
Dietary ground flaxseed (and I HATE the stuff)
Cinnamon
Berberine
Spirulina
pecans
Melatonin
Aloe Vera
Niacin

Levothyroxin
Atorvastatin
Cyclobenzaprine
Estrogen/Progesterone (yeah, I know........)

I can't begin to tell you the number of hours I have spent reading articles on these supplements in the medical journals...... but I'm used to it, I've been researching HoFH for over sixteen years!

My operating thought is: 1. is there any scientific indication that it MIGHT be beneficial? 2. Is there any scientific indication it could be harmful? 3. Are there any harmful interactions with supplements or medications that I'm already taking.

I am willing to accept that I may be spending money on useless supplements, but as long as they are not harmful, I find it acceptable. I am also willing to accept that much is not known about many of these supplements which means some of them could indeed be harmful. Which is why I often ask for complete metabolic panels to be run....just to catch any harmful side effects. (so far there have been none)

I now have reason to believe that something in my list of supplements is deleterious to cancer. After all, in the last three months the extent of my disease has shrunk by 30% with no other treatment other than these supplements. I will probably never know which supplement, or combination of supplements is in play here.

I will be very curious to see what the next few months bring!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote