View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #5
VDC

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

...and yes, I DO understand the bias of the system! I am an Organic/Biochemist, although I teach now.

We have been using Trans Reservatrol ever since I was able to lower my HoFH son's LDL cholesterol to 53 using Trans Res alongside traditional medicine. (HoFH stands for Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia) Traditional medicine had lowered his LDL from 750 to 135....although it took SIX medications all taken at the same time to do it! We thought that was fantastic! But when I added Trans Resveratrol to his cocktail, the LDL dropped further to 53. His doctor was a skeptic and required that we withdraw the trans res., wait to see the LDL climb back to the 135 range, then introduce the trans res again to see if it was truly the trans res that was lowering the LDL. It was. (I think it competes for the same CYP pathway as Lomidapide)

That was when I became a believer in complimentary medicine. Not alternative, I still believe in traditional medicine. BUT I also believe there is a place for supplements as a complimentary treatment.

Now if I could just figure out which supplements I take that is shrinking this cancer of mine........... that is a little harder to determine since there isn't a marker like LDL cholesterol to check!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote