View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:04 AM   #4
VDC

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

Thanks! I appreciate the effort! Truly. ....I may have answered my own question though!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC28446/

"An estrogen receptor-negative cell line, MDA-MB-231, was used to confirm that estrogen receptor was required for resveratrol action"

And yes, I have been taking Trans Resveratrol (among other things). My last exam showed a decrease of 30% volume of cancer....and it was with "only" supplements. I have been trying to determine just which supplements might be responsible for the fantastic results.

My oncologist is less than enthusiastic with my choices. The clinical trial that I had applied to was awaiting IRB approval and it kept being delayed! I told my oncologist that I would NOT go forward with treatment until one of two things happened: either there was clear progression of disease, or MD Anderson was granted IRB approval. That was in January.

May 8th, I had additional imaging done to determine the degree of progression and discovered 30% regression. Most unexpected. Needless to say, I have been scouring the medical journals looking at all the supplements I added to my diet in early January. Trans Resveratrol is one of those.

My variety is ER-, PR-, HER2 +3 so the distinction between ER+, PR+ and ER-, PR- is important and sometimes difficult to ferret out of the research.

VDC is offline   Reply With Quote