View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Chelee

Rina, I totally understand your fear...we've all been there. My upper back has been hurting and my breathing feels affected and I'm freaking out. So I totally understand. It's pretty normal for that panic to set in.

But seriously...there are so many causes for vertigo. I've had vertigo off and on for years. It happens when I lay on my left side or bend my head the wrong way, then everything spins. My ENT & primary both say it's just positional veritgo. But when we have this cancer cloud hanging over our head we natually think the worse.

I think you did the right thing by seeing an ENT first. I'm sure he will find the cause of your vertigo. Something is probably going on in your "inner ear". That has always been the case when I've had vertigo...even long before bc. I know its hard...but try not to worry...I will almost guarantee you that your ENT will get to the bottom of this. All you might need is an antibiotic. I was falling into the walls once...it was awful. I thought something was really wrong with me!!! But I just had a nasty infection and with a shot in the back side...and a "Z-Pack", I was good as gold. So take a deep breath and try to relax till Monday. (Even thought I know its easier said then done.) Hang in there.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote