View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Blondie

Thumbs up Re: Is food the problem?

I am currently reading "Dr Neal Bernards Program for Reversing Diabetes". He is Vegan and has very interesting statistics relating to illness and Western diet. He recommends no animal products- low fat diet consisting of veges, fruit, legumes etc.

It is a very good book and I have begun following this diet. He also discusses how sugars, choc, cheese and meat are addictive and explains the chemical processes related to this, which all makes sense.

I have watched many of his lectures on you tube which I also recommend. He has a great sense of humour and explains everything so well.

I have returned to a vegan diet- don't need the extra chemicals, hormones and fat. Also, I love animals and it is incongruent if I continue to eat them! Also, the farming of these poor animals in these times is terrible! Dr Neal highlights that 1 million animals are eaten per hour in the United States!

Dr Bernards general theory is to have a low fat diet- get rid of the excess fat in cells and then the Insulin can get into the cell. Being overweight is related to insulin resistence so this makes sense. Sugar and hormones can feed cancer so I believe and hope that this diet will help keep me cancer free!

Dr Neal also discusses how a high fibre diet is important if you have hormonal related cancers- when the liver processes hormones these are excreted via feaces. If waste is sitting in bowel too long, then these hormones are reabsorbed by the bowel. Thought that was quite interesting....
1/11 nodes +
Lumptectomy, radiotherapy
CMF chemo and 6 yrs Tamoxifen
Retesting in 2010 revealed tumor to be HER2+++

Microcalifications on mammogram
12 biospies- all clear
MRI-all clear

July 2010
Elected mastectomy right side,
10cm IDCS
1cm Tumor, Grade 3
Triple positive