View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #1
Lovemyboys3

Should I be worried? Feeling lost and scared again.

Hello ladies, we'll it's been quite some time since I've posted anything although I have been reading and keeping up with everyone.

It's been 3yrs and 7months since I was diagnosed. I finally got to a place where I could plan for the future and not think about cancer every waking moment. I see my oncologist and surgeon every 6 months now and have been living life to the fullest. Well all was going great until this past Monday. I had my 6 month check up withe my oncology surgeon, which I felt good going into. Well while I was there he found a lump in my right breast (my cancer was in the left breast). He was confident it was fatty neurosis from the mastectomy but since it was new he sent me for an ultrasound. Well panic set in.
Luckily I was able to get it done the same day and the place I go is amazing. They don't let u leave without u knowing something. They have a few radiologist on hand that look at the scans as u wait. The radiologist requested a mammogram since the ultrasound found nothing. But the mammogram found some calcifications that appear to be benign. But since they are new she wanted me to go back in 6 months so they can monitor it. For some reason that doesn't make me feel better.
I'm back into anxiety filled days. Where all I can think about is what if. I spoke directly to the radiologist and she said she was confident it was nothing to worry about and it is very rare to get cancer in the opposite breast especially after a double mastectomy and what she saw appeared to be benign. I was crying like crazy. She asked me if I was crying out of relief but I wasn't. I wasn't sure what to think even with her telling me not to worry.
So my questions. Why do I still feel fear running through me? Why can't I get it out of my head? I'm so very scared and I fear 6 months is gonna be a long 6 months to wait and see.
Should I be worried? Should I insist on more tests?
I see my oncologist on Tuesday and will talk to her but wanted to get some input from you wonder ladies.

I hate this so much and feel depression and anxiety setting in again. I had over come all of that.

Thank you all in advance. Your words are always appreciated.
Nydia Perez

6/27/2013 - Diagnostic Mammogram due to a tiny lesion found.
6/27/13 - Diagnosed with Breast Cancer at age 33 :'(
07/11/2013 - Surgical needle biopsy
07/15/2013 - Path report results from biopsy - DCIS with micro invasion, Pagents disease - ER/PR- Her2+++
7/26/13 - PET Scan CLEAR!!
8/19/13 - B/L Mastectomy w/DIEP Flap reconstructive surgery. Nodes removed clear!! Stage 1A. Positive Margins remaining
8/23/13 - Finally HOME from the hospital
9/10/13 - All drains out. YEAH!!
9/6/13 - 2nd Surgery to try and remove remaining positive margins. Port placed.
9/11/13 - Path report shows all tissue samples are neg. Clear Margins!!
10/3/13 First TCH treatment - Horrible amount of side effects.

11/10/11 - First weekly Herceptin treatment.
10/11/13 - Late night ER visit due to Neutropenic fever - WBC at 0 in the hospital.

11/17/13 - Ultrasound on left breast due to pain. Benign findings: Oil cysts and possible Fat Neurosis from reconstructive surgery.
11/24/13 - Round 2 TCH treatment.
11/25/13 - Neulasta Shot given. Side effects minimal. Woo Hoo!
11/27/13 - Said goodbye to my hair. :-(
01/14 - Mammogram and Ultra sound - CLEAR!
01/23/14 - Last scheduled Chemo! WOO HOO!
03/04/14 - Phase 2&3 reconstructive surgery DONE!
03/06/14 - 2 days after surgery and 1st Herceptin only treatment. Minimal side affects.
03/14 - Began having pain and weakness in my feet and legs. Doc thinks it is delayed side affects of chemo possibly Neuropathy. Could even be the Herceptin (what ever it is I would appreciate it if it went away :/)
03/14 - A little over 8 wks post chemo and hair is about 1/2in long. :) Not a whole lot but its getting there. Eyebrows are taking there time but are coming in nicely.
04/14 - Where did my eyelashes go? :/

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote