View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
Laurel

Re: Good source for seaweed?

Hopeful,

I apologize for taking so long to answer your question. I try to ingest seaweed weekly. I do have a kelp powder, too, as it isn't always possible to incorporate the seaweed. My Bp was steadily rising until I researched elevated bp and realized a relationship between it and iodine levels. I consumed some seaweed daily for a week and saw a huge improvement in both my systolic and diastolic readings. I went from 150ish to 110-120 and from 90-100 to 70-85. Nice, huh? When I visited my onc recently my BP was 104/74. I tried to tempt my onc into asking what I was doing, but she isn't a true believer in the natural approach to things. In fact she had wanted to place me on a blood pressure med, but I had declined saying I'd work it out on my own. I think she doesn't want to know what I'm doing half of the time. I always laugh when the nurses want the run down of all my meds including vitamins and supplements. I inquire sweetly why they bother to ask since no one but me knows their value or interaction with prescribed meds. Naturally, it is only routine, but I still find it amusing that they ask knowing they know next to zilch about nutrition!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote