View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
frankie

Re: brain mets have arrived

Hi Jackie,
I am new to this site. I do recognize some ladies from another site. Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I too was recently dx with brain mets. I had a baseline brain mri in Dec/09 and it was clean. I was dx with a single 2 cm tumor on my right parietal lobe after a brain mri (following some sensory motor sensations in my left arm)-August 4/10. I opted to have cyberknife treatments (3 treatments 8gys each)-August 30, 31 & Sept. 1st). The procedure itself was simple, painless and non-invasive.
I did experience "hairloss" on day 14. I must say I was not prepared for this and the area of hairloss is about 4.5 inches (the affected area-where treatment took place). Despite the hairloss I still would have chose this treatment-based on my situation. I was told that hairloss usually does not occur. It depends if the treated area is close to the scalp, etc. In most cases, I am told that hair will regrow after several months. Hoping this is the case. Other than that I have not experienced any other negative side effects. I will have my follow-up 4 week brain mri on October 1st. Thereafter, I will have a brain mri every 3 months to monitor.
None of us want to learn that we have developed a brain met but there seems to be a variety of options out there. Take the time to investigate all your options! I wish you ALL the best. Please keep us posted.
Love each day...
Frankie

Last edited by frankie; 09-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: forgot the spell check!
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote